Mercure is an atmospheric version of the CFD software ESTET, developed by EDF's Laboratoire National d'Hydraulique. Thus, MERCURE has directly benefited from the use of ESTET and from the improvements developed for ESTET. There are technical and users' documents available for MERCURE as well as records of various validation studies.
MERCURE is particularly well adapted to perform air pollution dispersion modelling on a local scale.
There are many organizations that have used the MERCURE software. To name a few:
- Electricite de France (EDF)
- Laboratoire de Mécanique des Fluides et d’Acoustique (LMFA) de l'Ecole Centrale de Lyon, France
- Institut de Radioprotection et de Sûreté Nucléaire (IRSN), Fontenay, France
- The Italian National Agency for New Technology, Energy and the Environment (ENEA), Bologna, Italy
- Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
When requested by users, ARIA integrates MERCURE as a module into the the ARIA RISK software for use in industrial risk assessments.
- ↑ ARIA Technologies web site
- ↑ Model Documentation System of the European Topic Centre on Air and Climate Change.
(Click on the blue up arrow to display the article text relevant to this reference)